Velkommen!

Welcome to Food and Stuff, a blog that is documenting my senior year of college through the food I make! This should be a jolly good time and I'm happy you're here to share it with me! I may even have random Food Funnies every so often, which you won't want to miss! So put that apron on and gather your bowls, this is going to be fun!

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Heartbreak Cookies

Well, heartbreak may be harsh.

But in all reality, isn't Valentine's Day a bit like rubbing 'being single' in to us singletons? Because, honestly, if you're in a loving and awesome relationship... Then shouldn't everyday be like Valentine's Day? Do you really need a random, pink-tinted, hallmark-induced day to show someone your love?

Alright, I'll stop, only because if I was in a relationship, I would probably be pumped. Alas, 'tis not so.

Any way, I do however LOVE pink and hearts, so I'm using good ole V-Day as an excuse to procrastinate on my hugely unfinished annotated bibliography and bake some cute cookies!!!


 The recipe is super simple, but the blog I read didn't have any pictures of the final product?! LAME. Don't worry I have an artsy Instagram pic of my cookies, that you'll love... Or probably have already seen since you're ignoring the type and just looking at the pictures.... (So if you get to this point, congrats you are awesome!)

Unfortunately I don't have the recipe right here though... it was on my iPad ...(Oops!)
Yeah, these are as good as they look.
So I'll update with it at some point... Or will I? Muhaha! But here are my sweet hearts! I even dyed the dough PINK, because I CAN.

I like my cookies 'crispy' so these are thinner than what was intended, I think? (again, the blog didn't have details!)

Well, nonetheless these are pretty delicious... I think they're plenty good enough to take to the get together I'm going to tomorrow, which I don't know much about... But I'm pretty sure cookies won't be refused!

Oh! And Happy Belated Birthday to this guy, Charles Darwin!! Love you, bro!



Happy #ForeverAlone Day!

Vi Ses,
Holly

Look at these two lovebirds! My Mom and Dad, on their
honeymoon in the late '80s... Gotta love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment