Velkommen!

Welcome to Food and Stuff, a blog that is documenting my senior year of college through the food I make! This should be a jolly good time and I'm happy you're here to share it with me! I may even have random Food Funnies every so often, which you won't want to miss! So put that apron on and gather your bowls, this is going to be fun!

Monday, April 8, 2013

Earl Grey Cookies!

This weekend has been so much fun! We had a great Day at the HSU Natural History Museum for Anthropology Day! I helped out at a booth called 'Culture through Storytelling' which was really fun, and there were tons of kids, all exited to learn about anthropology!

But today was back to the baking grind (Although I did whip up some chocolate mm cookies yesterday, which I forgot to take pictures of) and I was requested to make some earl grey cupcakes, but I wasn't feeling cup cakey, so I made cookies instead! Plus cookies are my favorite baked good, so it all works out.


Cookies:
2 c. flour
2 T of Earl Grey (about 3 sachets)
1 t. lavender
1/2 t. salt
3/4 c. powdered sugar
1 t. vanilla
1 c. butter

Glaze:
3/4 c. powdered sugar
2 T. (or more) lemon juice
1 t. lemon zest
1 t. lavender

Method:
1. Beat the butter until fluffy and add in sugar.
2. Once smooth, add in vanilla and tea.
3. Add in flour, and salt and mix until dough forms.
4. Roll in a log and cover in plastic wrap. Chill for 30 minutes
5. Oven at 375 degrees.
6. Slice cookies about 1/3 in. thick and lay out about 2 in. apart.
7. Bake for 10 minutes.
8. Mix glaze ingredients together.
9. Allow cooling and drizzle glaze. Enjoy!

These are amazing!! And they look super cute! I think I'm going to make these for my roommate's bridal shower, but cut out 'P' and 'G' shaped ones, since that would be too cute!

Well, that's all for now! Have a fantastic week : )
Um, hello delicious!
Vi Ses,
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment